Saturday, September 13, 2008

Corrie and the Bible

Corrie has of late been fascinated with the Bible! We read with her from Scripture every night and that has translated into her desiring to "read" during the day. She carries around my Bible all day saying, "Jesus! Jesus!" We've also started asking her, "Who is the Bible about, Corrie?" and she'll answer, "Jesus!" I know she is a huge copycat, but I see this copying as a great step towards knowing the Lord. Yesterday morning when I got her up, she spotted the Bible across the room and started saying, "Bible! Bible!" I told her we would change her diaper and then she could have the Bible to which she started sobbing saying, "Read Bible! Read Bible!" Talk about conviction - how many times do I wake up in the morning craving to read from the Word? Am I heartbroken when I can't/don't because I'm missing out on hearing from the living and active Word of God? God is already using my 20 month old daughter to shape and refine me.

Corrie stopping during the day to "read" my Bible.

Still reading, but taking a break to count to 10 (leaving out 7 & 8)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Awww. We read the Bible a lot last week! Seriously... we just sat down for almost an hour one day and read through the Psalms. It was definitely the highlight of my day. And I tried really hard to get her to add 7 and 8 in her counting but she just wouldn't have it, haha. So sweet. :) Glad you updated

Anonymous said...

Sarah. She is so sweet. I think I have watched that video clip at least 50 times. I miss her so much. Oct. is too far away. Is it not time for you and Matt to have a weekend alone. I go back to work officially on Oct.9. Let me know if we can hook up. I love you all and would like to spend at least a Saturday together with all of you. Seems like Matt is so busy we cant get him to sit still for a good visit. Check your calendar and let us know. We do not mind the drive.




































o