Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Random

We are on our way to moving in to a new house! Our offer was accepted two weeks ago and we are now in the process of securing our loan. I cannot describe how ready I am to be in our own home again! I'm so excited about painting rooms, deciding where to put OUR furniture (even the furniture in the mission house is not ours), and making this home feel like our home. I'm only posting one picture because I want it to entice you to come over and visit to see the rest! :) We close January 8th, so make plans to come and see us!

I will miss living at the mission house in some aspects - this afternoon while making Avery's bottle, I looked out the back window and saw a HUGE hawk sitting on one of these limbs. I tried to take its picture, but it saw me moving and flew away. This has been a really fun yard to play in since it's so big, and I love that there are so many trees that produce things - apples, pecans, chesnuts, etc. Our backyard at our new house is not as big, but there are still lots of trees so maybe I'll see this hawk again from my new kitchen window! :)

We are really enjoying the work that God has given us here in Greenville. One of the best things about His provision for us has been a small group of peers that we love! We meet at Perkins Restaurant every Sunday night and are a mix of singles and married couples varying in age from early 20's to 50! We love seeing God unite our hearts around fellowship and love for each other, cooperate holiness and sactification, and a heart for those who don't know Christ that we rub shoulders with every day. Please continue to pray for the work God is doing at Renewal! This is a small part of our group on Sunday night:

top row: Thomas, Tracy, Amy; bottom row: Brooke, Sarah, Matt

Posted by Picasa

No comments: