We didn't know what to do this Halloween in Greenville. It's not a small town like Clemson so we didn't have a "main street festival" to go to and we don't live in a neighborhood yet where we can trick or treat. I thought I'd found a great opportunity when I saw that Simpsonville (where we now live) was having a community festival at Heritage Park called "Goblin Fest". I couldn't find much information about it, but I did know that local merchants were giving out candy and kids from the community could dress up. I thought this would be a pretty small event, but I was seriously mistaken! We waited in line for 1 1/2 hours just to get in the gate to be able to walk through the path set up to get candy. Matt and I kept looking at each other wondering if it was worth it, but we decided to stay and I'm glad we did. The girls had a good time and we got to talk to people and encourage some churches who helped with the event.
Matt, Avery (who everyone thought was a boy) and Corrie
Corrie showing off her bag of candy & eating a sucker :)
We were invited to a friends' house Saturday night to eat dinner, watch football, and go trick-or-treating with their kids in their neighborhood. If we would have known we were going to do this ahead of time, we probably would've skipped out on Gobilinfest as we now have candy coming out of our ears! :)
Their costumes go well together - Corrie can cheer for the tigers! :)
Mommy & Avery
Madison playing with Avery
Tanner "riding" Corrie around on their ottoman on wheels. This went on for about half an hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment