Friday, October 30, 2009

Wow

I say wow because I have got to start blogging more often so I can keep up with pictures and the happenings of our family. Blogging serves as a great way to force me to record fun moments and pictures of our family and I'm missing out on them!!

Adjusting to the thought of this new baby has come slowly for us, but it is finally here and we have begun making preparations for adding this little life to our family! Shockingly, Corrie is almost completely potty trained now with a few little accidents here and there! I thought the day would never come, but it's here and Matt and I are so proud! This is one preparation I desperately wanted to happen before I have another baby in diapers! Her vocabulary and understanding of the world around her is growing everyday and she surprises us frequently with the questions she asks and what she remembers. Today she rubbed two straws together at lunch and said, "Mommy! This looks like a violin!" When has she ever seen a violin? Oh dear Sesame Street. :)

Avery finally visited the pediatrician for her 6/8 month appointment (yes I was a little behind) and got her updated immunizations and measurements. The nurses impressed us with how quickly they were able to stick her with 4 shots! She measured 17.5 lbs. (60th percentile) and 29 inches long (still off the charts!). It's so funny to me how different she is from Corrie, who was always in the 25th percentile in everything. They're sleep habits are very different, too. Corrie easily fell asleep and slept 12 hours from before she was 6 months old. Avery, at 8 months, is still waking up in the night and in the middle of naps (as I listen to her fuss right now in the middle of a nap). :) What does this say about her developing personality?? I have been horrible about taking pictures lately, but here's one of them together from Matt's Grandparent's anniversary recently.

One of the first weeks after moving to Greenville, the girls and I went to a nearby park to play and met a great family that we have since hung out with weekly. They have two beautiful little girls, Marisa (5) and Tiera (2), who play very well with Corrie. A couple of weeks ago, we all met at the Greenville Zoo and watched the animals play and then let the girls play on the GREAT playground right outside of the zoo. Greenville has expanded and added great attractions since we called it home five years ago and I'm so glad we're back!

Please continue to pray that God would provide for us: provide financially, provide families that He sovereignly places in our lives and that we would seize the opportunities to share and live out the gospel with them, and finally that He would grow His church! We are blown away by the ways He's come through so far by His power, wisdom, and provision. Our faith in Him is continuing to build as we see Him working in and through us and the people around us! Pray that we would hold fast to Him and His word, and that the people He brings into our church would do the same!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I completely agree with your first sentence in this post. :) Any Halloween pictures???