I absolutely LOVE summer sunshine, heat, pools and oceans and HATE winter, cold, and bundling up three kids and myself everytime we go anywhere. Naturally I dislike Fall because it means cold weather is on the way, but I have loved being able to be outside for longer periods of time in the slightly cooler weather over the last week. :) Yesterday, our good friends, Russ & Lisa Aldrich, were gracious to us by letting us use their home, yard, and lake to go fishing for our "family fun day". The kids enjoyed being outside, but they really only fished for a total of about 15 minutes the entire 3 hours we were there. They get bored pretty easily and patience is not something they've learned yet. Corrie did catch a little brim and was so proud of herself! Russ and Lisa have a great yard, so when the kids were tired of fishing, they could go watch the chickens and roosters in the chicken coop, watch the butterflies in Lisa's beautiful flower garden, yell at the ducks on the lake, or play with the worms. You can see more pictures of our fishing "exebation" (as Corrie calls our "expeditions") by clicking here.
These girls LOVE their Daddy and follow him everywhere.
Corrie & Avery IN the chicken coop! I was shocked that they were brave enough to go in and chase the chickens.
Melts my heart to see Matt and his little boy fishing together! I can't wait to see their bond and relationship grow!
Notice the open book in her lap! She was one sleepy little girl.
Today we drove to the elementary school where Corrie will attend for their Fall festival. They had all kinds of inflatables, outdoor games, snow cones, hayrides, a silent auction...all the things I love about fall festivals (except they didn't have mums or pumpkins for sale and I was hoping they would). Matt is at Camp McCall with Furman's BCM this weekend, so I was nervous about taking all the kids by myself to something like this, but they listened and obeyed so well! We had no issues while we were there and had a lot of fun! Times like today give me more confidence to continue doing fun things like this.
Corrie on the hayride. Avery was sitting beside her, but she did not like sitting on the hay so she moved to my lap before I could take the picture.
Me and my brood on the hayride. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment