We are two weeks out from our baby boy's arrival! Hudson Emmett "Mookie" could make his appearance anytime, but is due May 28th. I'm so thankful for a May baby because I'll be able to miss the summer heat which we've had a taste of the last few weeks. We've been really busy getting our house and our lives set up for the addition of Hudson as well as two SummerLink interns who will be living with us this summer. Our family will grow from 4 to 7 over the next few weeks! Yikes!
Corrie and Avery are now sharing a room again. It was a tough adjustment at first and I'm so glad I listened to the leadership of my wise husband when he suggested we go ahead and move them before Hudson was born. If not, I would have been up at night with 3 babies instead of just one! The initial adjustment seems to be over and they are coping well with living together...we'll see how long that lasts. :) To help make their room more fun, I wanted to paint it lavendar and add some fun stickers to the wall to decorate, but we have not had the time to get it done so I invited some friends over to help! I'm so thankful for the church and their willingness to love and support us - here are some of my friends from small group who came over to help!
The staff and pastors of Renewal were able to take their second annual retreat this last week to a lake house in Seneca (thanks Toby!). They really enjoyed their time together to talk about how God has provided and blessed over the past year and to dream about what He could do through us next year! While they were gone, the Carson family (minus Hugh, who was on staff retreat) stayed with us! According to Corrie, "Mommy, Mrs. Hollie is your friend, Laney is my friend, and Mattie is Avery's friend!" So true! I loved having some fun girl time with Hollie, and it was interesting to watch Corrie and Laney start out so loving to each other and then move to a sister relationship where they were frequently fighting. :) We played referee the rest of the week! We took a fun trip to the zoo, went to Renewal's first baptism service, took Mattie to the doctor for an ear infection, had lunch with staff wives, and met the guys for dinner in Easley one night. Needless to say, it was a pretty busy week, but so much fun!
Sweet friends, Corrie & Laney, at the Greenville Zoo
Avery enjoying her stroller ride through the zoo
Tanner Dix trying to climb the wall at Copper River Easley with Hugh and Laney watching
Staff/Pastor wives (and a couple of kids) - Madison Dix, Mattie Carson, Julieann Dix, Hollie Carson, Rachelle Usher, Christina Mann, Sarah Rogers and baby Hudson! :)
1 comment:
Can't wait to meet Mookie :)
Post a Comment