Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

Leading up to this Easter, I've been reading Gospel for Real Life by Jerry Bridges with a group of ladies from our church.  I have been so encouraged by this book, especially in this time of year, as he discusses the depth of our depravity, how we deserve the wrath of God for our sin, but instead of pouring His wrath on us He poured it all, to the last drop, on Jesus.  "For our sake He made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God!"  Matt's sermon yesterday centered on this one verse as we talked about The Exchange - according to Romans 1, all of us have exchanged right worship of God for wrong worship of created things.  In response to this, God exchanged our sin for Jesus' righteousness - Jesus, who was perfect and sinless was given our sin and ugliness, while we who were sinful and ugly were given his perfection and righteousness if we trust Him!  What a Great Exchange!!!

We have so enjoyed this spring weather, so last week I dressed the girls up in their Easter dresses (thanks Nana for making them!!) and we went to Falls Park to take some pictures.  It was a gorgeous day and I love living so close to Falls Park; it is beautiful!  Here's a couple of the results:
 
 
Matt and I also had the privilege of being commissioned by the North American Mission Board last weekend as church planting missionaries to Greenville, SC.  We spent the weekend with military chaplains, church planting strategists, church planters to other people groups in North America (Kurds, Muslims, etc.) and were greatly encouraged and challenged by their stories.  The commissioning service took place at First Baptist Woodstock outside of Atlanta and we appreciate Matt's parents coming up to support us!

Roger, Teressa, Sarah (at 31 weeks), and Matt
Posted by Picasa

No comments: