I think most of you know that I've been pretty sick with this baby - nauseous all day, sometimes even throwing up for hours. Yesterday marked another of those days where I came home from a meeting at work and was sick all afternoon. I took two dramamine and cried sleepily as they started taking effect - Corrie wanted me to hold her and read a book, but any rocking motions made me feel worse, so I couldn't. Matt had to make Macaroni and Cheese for his dinner for about the 10th time in the past few weeks. I hoped that this week, being my 12th week of pregnancy, would mark a return of health and vibrancy but instead I saw my family still struggling because I could not perform my duties as wife and mother.
Reflecting on all of this last night and this morning, God reminded me of Pauls words to the Philippians: "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requesets to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Ph. 4.4-7) Instead of focusing on my anxiousness over being sick and for my family (which in my Bible is literally translated as "self-centered, counterproductive worry, not legitimate cares and concerns for the spread of the gospel"...ouch), I want to use this post to thank God for His mercy, grace, and provision to me over the past few weeks. I am so thankful to Him for:
1. My gift of a husband who has suffered through Mac & Cheese meals, taken care of Corrie, brought me potato soup (and went to Wendy's at 9:30 pm the other night to get a bacon and cheese baked potato for me), and has served me well in countless ways without complaint. I respect and love you more than you know.
2. Friends who have offered to bring meals, knowing that the smell of meat makes me run to the bathroom.
3. Ashley Bodine for coming and rescuing Corrie from a lack of attention and play, and for rescuing me from more rocking and sickness. :)
4. Friends and family who have called and sent emails to encourage me and let me know that I'm in their prayers.
I am so grateful for the faithfulness of my God to supply my needs and to provide peace to guard my heart and mind, even down to the minute details of pregnancy sickness.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Sarah! I haven't visited your blog since you first started posting. I will visit it more often! Congratulations on the baby! I feel for you being so sick! I was so sick 24/7 for weeks and weeks!! I know those feelings you are feeling, sister. You will make it through, especially with such a supportive family. I know everyone's different and for me, nothing worked great; however, for what it's worth Preggie Pops helped some. I don't know if you've tried those yet or not. My friend Jen recently told me that B-Natal vitamins worked well for her with the nausea. I pray you will feel better soon, friend!
Post a Comment