Winter is NOT my season. Ever heard of seasonal affective disorder (also known as SAD, winter depression, winter blues)? Yeah, I totally have that. But as soon as the temperatures start rising, my SAD disappears! My garden beckons, the swingset and sandbox fill our time, and our days are spent soaking up the sun.
Aside from the crazy weather lately (what's up with 58 degree days in May??), sickness in our household (thought we'd dodged the winter sickness bullet, but no, it was just waiting for spring to hit us), and a random sprained ankle at the gym, spring is shaping up quite nicely.
Normal ankle
Sprained ankle. Matt informed me that I'm more like Avery (our clumsiest child) than I'd like to admit.
We LOVE our Papaw-made swingset!
Fun with friends cheering on the Greenville Drive
I'm so proud of Corrie - she is so curious. With enough time and a pressure-free environment, she has overcome her fear of things that jump and shown such bravery! Her favorite things to play with outside are earthworms, crickets, and, just this week after overcoming her fear of them, frogs! As of this moment, she and Avery are in the school room trying to devise a way to catch a bird in our backyard. I firmly believe this has been encouraged by our recent reading and viewing of the classic The Swiss Family Robinson, as they trap and make all kinds of animals their pets. Thankfully, Corrie and Avery just trap frogs and birds - not baby elephants, ostriches, and tigers. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment