Yes, I know it's March & Corrie's birthday was December...
I don't know where our oldest child's brain gets the things she comes up with half the time, and her birthday party theme was no different. After suggesting Sesame Street, Dora, and tons of other ideas for a party, her suggestion was an elephant party. Of course there were NO elephant decorations that I could find in normal stores, so I decorated with normal party decor and tried to incorporate elephants wherever I could. There were quite a few people (understatement) who joined us to celebrate Corrie's four years of life and we are thankful for how much they love her!
Me and Matt in our elephant masks - the kids made these when they arrived and wore them on and off the whole party
Corrie in her elephant mask
The kids played "Elefun" where you try to catch paper butterflies in a net as they blow out of an elephant's trunk
My attempt at an elephant cake
My Dad and stepmom making Smores, my stepmom's making one for the first time. I don't see how you go through your whole life without eating a smore. :)
Corrie's gift from us was a scooter. We planned to give her a bike, but when we talked about it with her, she set us straight and told us she wanted a "scooter like Laney has." Laney is her friend behind her on the scooter. She is loving it!
1 comment:
I love the elephant theme! Good pick Corrie!
Post a Comment