Our crazy life has not slowed since Christmas even though I was hoping it would! The girls have both been sick over the last couple of weeks with colds and a nasty stomach bug. I felt like a "real mom" a couple of days due to the fact that I couldn't count how many times I had to change my clothes because there was poop, snot, or vomit on them. I'm ready for warmer weather and fewer germs!
Praise the Lord that He's given us some fun times in the midst of all of this sickness! We moved in to our new house! (Woo Hoo!) And we have loved being in our own space again! We are so appreciative of everyone who helped us move all of our boxes (again!) and unpack! You guys made this such an easy transition for us!
Some of our great friends who helped with the move! (From left: Christina & Stephen Rutland, David Eill, Lester & Cindy Hood, Teressa & Roger Rogers, Amy Eill, Matt & Avery)
The week after we moved in, we took Corrie to pick out three fish that she was promised for her birthday. She is loving them and has the responsibility of feeding them everyday. I, of course, have the more difficult responsibility of cleaning the tank every other week. I really thought I had killed the fish the first time I attempted this, but they are alive and well! We made sure to buy some hearty ones.
In January, we met Liz, Cayce, and their kids for a playdate at the mall and loved the time we were able to spend with them! We were on staff with them at Crosspoint Clemson and miss them so much! Thanks for driving up and spending the morning with us!
At the beginning of February, some friends of ours from seminary, the Carsons, came and stayed with us for a weekend. Matt and I really enjoyed spending time with Hugh & Hollie and Corrie loved being able to play with Laney who's also 3! We're praying for more friends her age that she can play with more regularly. They also have Mattie who's 6 months. She and Avery will be great friends one day!
Corrie's first sleep over!! It was a fun idea at the beginning of the night, but at 6:15 am, when they woke each other up it wasn't as much fun anymore. Needless to say, they slept in separate rooms the next night.
And of course this past weekend, we had some great fun in the snow!! We estimated about 4-5 inches at our house, and it was beautiful! Corrie is such a girl because she does not like being wet or dirty, so the first time she fell in the wet snow she decided she didn't want to play anymore. :( The next day when the snow was light and fluffy, she had a great time! Avery just knows she likes to eat snow.
We're gearing up for Avery's first birthday (2/26) and can't believe she'll soon be one!! Then we'll be adding another litte one to our fun family! Life is changing a good bit for us, but we are loving it!
No comments:
Post a Comment