The past few weeks have been encouraging, challenging, and busy as we get settled in Greenville! Our house is 90% unpacked and in order and Corrie and Avery love having all their toys unpacked! Corrie told me this morning, "I like our new house, Mom." Yes, she randomly calls me Mom or Mommy Girl. :)
Avery is 6 months old and will visit her new pediatrician soon for her well check-up, so I'll post her updated stats soon. I've been holding off on starting solid foods because I was not ready to dive into the added work at meal times, but last week I bit the bullet and started rice cereal. Here are a few pics of her first meal!
She did really well and I could tell as soon as I started feeding her that she was ready. She didn't push out much food with her tongue and ate almost the whole bowl! It can't believe how big she's getting!
Matt came in to the living room the other day and this is what he saw:
Yes, Corrie got into my makeup and put mascara on her eyes. He had to do the instruction on not doing that again because I was laughing too hard in the other room. I actually was impressed at the fact she knew that mascara goes on her eyes and she got pretty close to putting it in the right place considering I don't wear makeup that often. :)
This past Sunday, we visited our sponsoring church, Kingdom Life Christian Center, in Mauldin. The pastor, Alex, is fast becoming a good friend of Matt's and partner in the church planting journey. The exciting thing about their sponsorship is that this church is predominately African American. How many churches in the south can say that they partner with churches of other races?? This has definitely been a blessing to us and another confirmation that God is working in and through Renewal Church! Here is Corrie in the nursery on Sunday.

No comments:
Post a Comment