Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

After being frustrated with the thought that I was going to spend $15 for a tacky Halloween outfit that Corrie would only wear once, I decided to take on the task of making her outfit this year. Walmart had a great wall of tops and bottoms for $4 apiece, so I bought a black turtleneck and black pants along with a whole lot of knitting yarn and some felt, then set to work making my little girl into a kitty cat! For my first try, I was pretty proud!
We took Corrie to the Clemson Halloween festival where they shut down College Ave. and all the businesses and a few churches set up tables and pass out candy, popcorn, and hot chocolate and sponsor games for the kids to play. The Clemson Tiger even showed up to do some photo ops (Corrie was terrified of the tiger up close - bad omen for Santa Claus pictures this year!). Enjoy the pics of our cute kitty cat! You can click here for more pictures.
Mommy painting on Corrie's nose and whiskers

Corrie loves pumkins!

This was heaven for her! Look at her cute little tail!

Go Tigers!

Corrie @ Halloween last year - she's getting so big!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

She is getting so big! What an adorable kitty!

Ashley said...

Cutest kitty cat ever. :) You did a great job with the costume! Corrie and I were looking at these pictures yesterday and she saw the tiger and was totally fine. That is good I guess :)